Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Whole Wheat Sweet Cornbread Muffins

So, this recipe is one of those that you aren't really sure where it originated. 
I got it from a friend, who got it from someone else, who got it from someone else.  
You know, those kinds of recipes.
That said, I am not claiming this as my own, we'll just call it "author unknown".  And yes, I did modify it to suit my own needs and taste.  I cut out corn syrup, butter, regular flour, white sugar and eggs, and made it healthier.
(Ahhh...I can hear the applause now!)

Whole Wheat Sweet Cornbread Muffins
Makes about 16-17 muffins 
(weird #, but whatever!)
WW Points + per muffin: 2.5
(round up your points as you deem necessary)


  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 cup cornmeal
  • 1 cup Splenda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 cup egg beaters
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
  2. Mix dry ingredients.  In a separate bowl combine egg beaters and almond milk.  Add to dry ingredients and blend well.  Blend in applesauce.
  3. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.  Bake for 20 minutes.
*note: the Splenda makes it so the muffins don't darken as much as they normally would.  The bottom of the muffin remains pale, but if you press on the top of the muffin and it bounces back then it is done.

love, 



No comments:

Post a Comment